Art Deco entwined with Hollywood Glamour
Taken from the French term châtelaine (Lady of the chateau), a majestic marvel eloquently named by the owner and historic restorer, Lorraine Allanson. Being the fifth masterpiece in the Mountain Whispers MW Collection of boutique properties located here in the world heritage Blue Mountains, Lorraine certainly feels that those who come to experience Chatelaine will be mesmerized by her beauty.
Defined by its bespoke garden design, breathtaking panoramic views of the Jamison Valley on one side and the Megalong Valley on the other, Chatelaine sits perched on 4,774sqm of undulating lawns and superbly manicured gardens. With an emphasis on sophistication and showcasing mother nature’s beauty in its entirety, Chatelaine ranks highly among those seeking to truly escape the hustle and bustle and simply be one with nature.
Allow yourself to step back in time to the flamboyant Art Deco era whilst being dazzled by the Hollywood Regency décor. Gaze into the eyes of the Hollywood stars of days gone by as you make your way to the billiard table, which takes pride of place, beckoning you to participate in a game of billiards or pool. Sit by the fire with your glass of complimentary port or wine or perhaps champagne on the deck is more your drink of the afternoon and experience for yourself what it feels like to be lady or lord of the chateau, as you gaze over your estate. Welcome to Chatelaine, a fully self-contained, private 5-star escape, ready and waiting to transport you to a state of calm.
Features & Facilities
- 3 queen bedrooms with beds which separate into 6 x single king beds, perfect for 6 girls wanting to escape
- Classic art deco kitchen complete with pressed metal rangehood
- Large open plan lounge area with pressed metal open gas-log fireplace
- Billiards room equipped with billiard, snooker and pool balls
- Flowing seamlessly from the lounge area is the gorgeous, South East facing dining room complete with large extension table comfortably seating 8 to 10 people then opening out onto the deck captures the picture perfect outlook of the Jamison Valley views and beyond.
- 3 bathrooms all with showers and complimentary toiletries
- Fully equipped laundry
- Centrally heated throughout
- Flat screen TV, complimentary WiFi, Blue-ray, Bluetooth audio system
- Large entertaining deck complete with stunning travertine marble dining for 8 and BBQ
- Array of board games
- Close proximity to Scenic World and Katoomba township
- Bushwalks aplenty perfectly located on your doorstep
*2 night minimum stay applies unless otherwise stated. For stays of 1 night, please contact Lorraine for availability*