Relax and unwind in Leura’s finest self-contained luxury accommodation. In 1906, Miss Matilda Cowper, grand-daughter of Arch Deacon William Cowper, was the original owner of Varenna in Leura. Miss Cowper’s father was the Very Reverend William Macquarie Cowper (Dean of Sydney) and her uncle Sir Charles Cowper was five times Premier of New South Wales. Now fully restored to its original grandeur, Varenna is available for you to enjoy. During your stay you will have the whole house to yourself – so you can enjoy its many charms at your leisure, just as Miss Cowper did over a century ago.
Complete Facilities List
- Fully self-contained luxury accommodation
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Gas log fireplace
- Complimentary WiFi
- Fully equipped kauri kitchen with Ilve appliances
- Double stainless steel fridge/freezer with ice maker and chilled water
- Full breakfast provisions included consisting of bacon & eggs
- Stainless steel dishwasher & microwave
- Barbecue with alfresco dining
- Flat screen TV with DVD and Austar
- CD stereo with CD library
- Sub-floor heating in bathrooms
- Spa bath & claw-foot bath
- Hair dryers in bathrooms incl. fine toiletries
- Towels, bathrobes and slippers supplied
- All 1000TC luxury linen supplied
- Washing machine and clothes dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- High chair
- Back-to-base security alarm system 24/7
What Our Client’s Have To Say
Varenna. 100% luxury.
Lorraine has created authentic heritage accommodation, with modern facilities. Everything necessary for a quiet relaxing holiday has been provided. Shopping and restaurants only a short stroll away. Try the In House Dining ! We can't wait to return.
Comfort and luxury making family travel easy
The location of Varenna was ideal for walking to the village and transport around the blue mountains. We loved the space of a house to let the family spread out. We were warm and comfortable for the whole stay.
A stay at Varenna is a body and spirit relax.
Staying at any of the homes in the Whispers group is always the best. Nothing is left to chance, your every need is not only met but exceeded. If you want to enjoy some excellent downtime with all your creature comforts looked after then these are the homes to enjoy.
Perfect House - Perfect Location
The house was sensational, location absolutely perfect and the owner a pleasure to deal with! Cosy fireplace, canopy beds, warm living areas and fantastic kitchen. Loved all the extra touches too. Chocolates, fluffy robes, breakfast supplies to name just a few. Our group of 6 ladies were able to completely relax as the house did not want for anything. Dinner on night one was at the Leura Garage a few doors up. Our 2nd night was pure luxury - having an in house chef and waiter spoil us. Food was delicious and waiter very discreet. The location of the house enabled us to explore Leura on foot with the Mall being a quick stroll away and the stunning Everglades
Gardens a lovely afternoon walk. A weekend staying at Varenna left us feeling refreshed and relaxed and we will be back again. Five star all the way!